Robin's Caramel Brownies
My "sister in-law" Robin made these scrumptious brownies a couple of weeks ago. They were pretty rich but are to die for. My mouth is watering just thinking about them.
14 oz. caramel
1/2 c. evaporated milk + 1/3 c. evaporated milk
1 (18.25oz) German chocolate cake mix
3/4 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. chopped pecans
2 c. milk choc. chips
1. Peel caramels (this takes forever) and place in microwave safe bowl. Stir in 1/2 c. evaporated milk. Heat and stir until caramels are melted.
2. Preheat oven to 350*. Grease 9x13 inch pan or 8x8 (deeper)
3. In large bowl, mix cake mix, 1/3 c. evaporated milk, melted butter and pecans. Place 1/2 of batter into prepared baking pan.
4. Bake for 8 min. Place remaining batter in fridge.
5. Remove form oven and sprinkle choc. chips on top. Drizzle caramel sauce over choc. chips. Remove remaining mix from fridge. Using tsp, make small balls with batter and smash flat. Very carefully place on top of caramel sauce until top is completely covered.
6. Bake for 20 min.
Served best the day after