Saturday, August 7, 2010

9 days and counting

With only a few days of summer remaining before my life as I know it ends we are making the most of our time! Saturday, Liz and I hosted a baby shower for our good friend Catherine who is having a little girl! We couldn't be happier for them.

After the shower I came come and then the family went bowling for free! We had to pay for shoe rental but that's it! Apparently August 7th is National Bowling Day, who knew? So we headed to Strikes for some cheap fun.

It was Carson's first time and he was pretty good. He would pick up the ball and it's weight would make him walk rather quickly to the lane where he would drop the ball and let the bumpers take care of the rest. I only beat him by two {pretty pathetic I know}. When you first walk into Strikes there is a small arcade and the whole time we were bowling Carson kept asking if we were done so that he could go play games=pretend to shoot guns. Once we finally finished our one round of bowling he practically ran to the guns, he is such a boy.


Caitlin as always was an angel and sat watching us playing with her feet while taking everything in. It is always fun to get and and do something different. I also can' get over that we are now officially a family. I know that we've technically always been one but having not one but two kids makes you have that loving feeling a but more.

Love this guy!

Later, Andrew and I went out to dinner without the kids. We chose sushi because it's not as kid friendly as the other places we dine. Dinner was heavenly to be able to drive, eat, talk, even walk in peace. You know what I'm talking about right? Whenever I go places I feel like a pack mule with the huge diaper bag overflowing with who knows what, carrying a baby and attempting to keep an eye on the other kid...it's a circus sometimes!


We had a busy day but busy in a great way!


No comments: