Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

I made this recipe the night after we went out to eat for our anniversary and I thought it was so much better than our over-priced bland food that we were served.
I even had seconds, it is definitely a new favorite!

Garlic Chicken Farfalle


16 oz. Farfalle pasta (I used penne because I already had it at home)
1 C. heavy whipping cream
3-4 chicken breasts
4 Tb. garlic (or less I just happen to love garlic!)
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. crumbled bacon
1/2 C. shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 C. Soy Vay veri veri teriyaki
1/2 C. Soy Vay island teriyaki

Cook chicken and teriyaki sauces on low for 6 hour sin crock pot ( loved the aroma all day).
Boil pasta.
While waiting for pasta to cook in a small saucepan melt: butter, add garlic, whipping cream, pepper, parmesan cheese, and crumbled bacon. Whisk together on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until thickened. (I also added 1-2 Tb. flour to thicken it up a bit).
Pull marinated chicken out of juices and shred.
In a large bowl combine cooked pasta, sauce and chicken, stir through.
Sprinkle with a bit more parmesan cheese on top and dig in!

1 comment:

Kristin Jones said...

That sounds delish! Thanks for sharing!!