Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Every day favorites

Carson while preparing the macaroni and cheese...Andrew called him my "girly-man" and I like to think of him as my helpful man who on this particular day was still in his jammies at lunch...I think I was too!

When Andrew was little he has great memories of going to grandmas. She is a great cook and at the time his favorite thing was her homemade macaroni and cheese. I have been searching for a good recipe because I have tried many and we have been disappointed. This recipe is compliments of Alyssa. Andrew enjoyed it and I liked it because I had all the ingredients one hand, it was easy and it tasted good too. It's a triple threat!

Macaroni & Cheese
2 c. uncooked elbow macaroni
1/4 c. butter + 1/2 tbs.
1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. ground mustard
1/4 tsp. worcestershire sauce
2 c. milk
2 c. shredded cheese

Cook macaroni and drain.
Over low heat, melt butter.
Add flour, salt, pepper, mustard and worcetershire sauce.
Cook over low heat until smooth and bubbly.
Remove from heat and stir in milk.
Heat to boiling stirring constantly, boil 1 minute.
Remove from heat, stire in cheese
Stir in macaroni, pour into 2qt. casserole dish.
Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes, uncovered.
Serves 6.

Recipe #2
I thought these two recipes kind of went together because they are both something kids enjoy. This one is for play dough. Whenever I buy some it dries out super quick so I make fresh play dough every so often. It is super easy and I think it is softer than the store bought kind. Your kids will think you are sooo cool-j/k



No comments: