Saturday, December 13, 2008

Naught and Nice


Q: "What does Santa say?"

Carson: "Ho Ho Ho!"

When he says it, it really is too cute. However, I think he is a bit confused because his "ho ho ho's" are not reserved for Santa but for snowmen as well.

Venting:

We arrived early to ensure no waiting in line.

We were the first customers.

Santa was late.

Once he arrived, I realized that the setup for attention getting, I mean picture taking was not the best.

Santa is sitting in what looks to be a sled and the camera is extremely far away from where the child and Santa are located making it nearly impossible to get their attention because there are too many other distractions like the pretty sparkling silver streamers that are covering the ceiling, the arch for the sled-sleds aren't supposed to have arches are they??, the Christmas trees, the displays featuring all of the nick knacks that you could purchase to place your already overpriced photo into.

Anyway, with that said, I think the picture is ok. My mother in-law thinks it looks like an old fashioned picture from the 50's or something because Carson is so serious.

After taking this picture with Santa and being kind of disappointed I got a call from my mom saying that she is having Santa at her house on Christmas Eve!! I was so excited but only wish I had known a few hours earlier. I can't wait for our hour with our own personal Santa.

Looking pretty good considering the ugly sweaters if I do say so myself.

This Christmas season so far has been an enjoyable one. Carson is more aware of what is going on and I am loving it! What I not loving is his sporadic naughty behavior (yelling, hitting, stomping of feet-gasp-not our son!). Such behavior tends to occur when he a) I am by myself with him b) we are in public c) he does not get what he wants that second and d) when I don't let him do or hold something that he wants.

As a result of his naughty behavior, shopping trips lately have been embarrassing to say the least. I considered not taking him shopping ever again but that is not realistic. So we have been implementing a time out of sorts that hopefully will work.

Any suggestions??

He really is a good boy so to give him "nice" points for Santa, he and I had a date of sorts this afternoon while daddy was at a wrestling event. We went out to lunch and to the mall and he was soo well behaved, it was actually a lot of fun. Besides children not coming with owners manuals, why don't they come with a "be good" switch and a "we're at home so anything goes switch." Don't you think that would be helpful?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

My 21-month old son is still terrified of Santa. Santa visited Costco the Saturday before Thanksgiving and as soon as Jaron saw that white beard and red suit, he started throwing a fit. Makes for a great photo :)

Jaron can be like that, too. Have you tried taking a toy or something for him to play with while your in the store? What we do sometimes is we let him have whatever it is he wants while we walk around the store, so he feels like his desires are being met, but then we put it back right before we leave (so we don't have to buy it). That we it keeps him happy in the store, and it saves any tantrums to the privacy of our car, where we can usually diffuse the situation with other means. I don't know if it would work for you, you could give it a try.

kali said...

Love the sweater picture! And I'm totally with ya on the child switch thing.

Megan said...

I totally agree with you on the whole taking pictures with santa thing! The set up is horrible! And our picture turned out horrible as well...ugh! Actually it's kind of funny. I had to sit in because Emma was not having it at all and Dylan was quite distracted so it is definitely something we can look back at and laugh! But Carson is too darn cute! He is getting so big! We hope you and your family are doing well!