Monday, July 14, 2008

Mug Shot

I was due for a hair cut and I rarely plan this type pf thing, I just call the day when I have time and go within the hour. I tell the lady that I want a trim up to my shoulders and that she could layer it because I was loosing my curl and I straighten my hair frequently. So, I am sitting there getting to know her pretty well and I she started cutting in the back and I can't see but it is getting shorter and shorter. When she was done she hands me a mirror and has me look at the back.


I was nice, but I guess she could tell form the look on my face that I was pretty shocked and not that happy. Keep in mind that the front is still past my shoulders. She immediately starts straightening it, which helped because straight hair is much longer than curls. But then she acted like she was all done and I asked her, "um, are you going to leave the front long like this?" She says something and then I showed her how I would like the front (but I am not the one that went to school for this.

I didn't cry like I did last time someone butchered my hair but I learned a valuable lesson,

1. when you ask for what you want never say, "or whatever you think would work for my hair"
2. wait for your regular hair lady.

When I was done and paying, this girl who was waiting starts gushing about how much she liked my hair and how she had a hair cut last time that looked just like it. Normally, I would be flattered but her hair looked like a rats nest....because that's the look I was going for.


10 comments:

Tyler said...

Tiff, I cannot tell you how many times McKenzie has shed tears over a haircut! That's not counting all of the times shes cried after getting her hair dyed, either.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a similar story. Recently, McKenzie has been cutting my hair to save some money. I usually get a #2 on the sides and a #4 on the top. It makes for a nice "cop cut." Anyway, last Saturday I accidently attached the #2 instead of the #4. Needless to say I am now nearly bald. Fun stuff.

I love the mugshot pictures you took for the blog. That is classic! Adds character to the story. Your hair looks fine, by the way.

Jillian Goulding said...

I don't think it's bad at all Tiffani! I like it actually. I know it;s hard though because it's not what you wanted. I LOVE that you took a picture of the chick at the front desk. That is totally something I would do too. Classic.

the straz fam said...

Ugh, a bad haircut is the worse. And I had to laugh because as dumb as it sounds I have totally shed tears over my own bad haircuts! It really doesn't look that bad though - it's just hard when it's not what you wanted.
Oh, and your 80's party looked SO FUN!!! Your outfits were awesome!

The Mortimer's said...

Tiffani it's not bad! I think it looks cute on you. You are beautiful! Now that I think about it, you called me recently and I haven't called you back. I am such a horrible friend. I will call you because we need to hang out before you go to school and are super busy.

Alexis said...

I think that it looks good. I'll have to see it in person. I'm cutting my hair while I am there too, where did you go? I don't want to go there! j/k Cant wait to see you.

The Elmers said...

I like it! And hey...are you saying short hair is "mom hair!" Seriously though, you would look good with any hair style...

Cathi said...

Tiffani I seriously love it on you! I just recently had my own bad haircut experience. At least yours is the same length on both sides! Mines boy short on one side and longer on the other. I guess I asked for asymmetrical but I didn't mean short and shorter! Oh well, at least hair grows right! If it makes you feel any better, I like yours way better than mine!

Tiffani said...

Since writing this I have cried so thanks for all the complements guys, they help the loss of confidence more than you know. Alexis, I got it cut at Brockway and I have gone there before without a problem. Katie, short hair for me is mom hair for sure becuase I have never had it before, I am in no way implying though that you are old or out of fashion, the opposite for sure!

Leslie said...

I like it...but you look good with 80's hair!!! You are one hot momma!

We miss you guys!!

Laura said...

I agree, I think it looks cute, Tiff! I think overall you're probably just not used to it, ya know? Curious though, what haircut were you going for?? If you ever need it, I'll totally clean it up for ya... :)