Can I start by telling you how much I just love Liz?! She is confident, beautiful and fun to be around!
Special Sesame Chicken Salad ReciCan I 15 I was happy to throw her a shower for the upcoming arrival of her baby girl, Camilla Jane. I can't wait to meet this little lady!
We ate out on the deck and I was worried because the day was a scorcher with temperatures over 100 but fortunately, it cooled off and we even got a little delta breeze so most chose to eat outside!
We had the guests make collages of what they thought Camilla could/would look like...people got pretty creative! (I forgot to get a picture of this so maybe Liz will post it). It is always fun to see the little girly outfits and accessories!
Her friend Caitlin had just gotten back from moving back from Hong Kong, I had heard so much about her and was glad to finally get to meet her. She was nice enough to do the favors, yummy cookies with letter pressed monogrammed C for Camilla!
This is one of the two salads that were served. This recipe if form taste of home and you'd need:
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/3 cups honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried cranberries
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a very large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar and pepper. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, add the remaining ingredients; gently toss to coat. Yield: 22 servings (1 cup each).
box bowtie pasta
bag of spinach
3 avocados, diced
3 tomatoes, diced
Girards champagne dressing