Thursday, September 10, 2009

"No Mommy"


It has been pretty hot in in Cali, I have been roasting! I am not sure if it is really THAT hot or if because I am preganant I am especially sensitive but fall where are you? Anyways, yesterday in the afternoon I was hot and decided that if I got my hair up I wouldn't be as hot. So with my shadow following me I went into my bathroom grabbed a hair thing and proceeded to put my hair into a pony tail. Carson saw this and kept saying, "no mommy, no." At first I wasn't quite sure if he was referring to my hair style or if he was just being contrary. However, it soon became clear that he wanted my hair down because every time he saw me he would point up and say, "no mommy" each time getting more adamant. Inside I was thinking, why does he care, is he my boss or something? Finally he was begging and I relented while he was looking away and I took my hair out of the pony tail. When he looked back he persistantly saying "no, mommy, mommy no" hang pointed upward (toward the hair) with a scowl on his face. When he saw my hai was down his expression was of delight and he got a huge grin on his face and he resumed playing...Andrew and I both thought it was odd that he would be so happy about a hair do. I guess boys inately like long hair that is down, go figure.

7 comments:

Liz said...

What is it with boys and long hair?

spitupandkisses said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kali said...

lol! that is hilarious! He is sooo cute!

The Elmers said...

OH my gosh, that's so cute! When do you get to find out the sex of this new baby? And are we ever going to do your photo shoot?? :)

Tiffani said...

We find out Oct 1st in the afternoon. Katie I was thinking being as we have waited soo long that we could make it a pregnancy shoot...kind of an aftermath of the love birds speial, it is technically still two people-what do you think?

Kristin Jones said...

Alexis does the same thing. I don't get it!

kirsten and josh said...

thats so funny... he is already a little man. :D i am so excited for you and your new family member... can't wait to find out!