Saturday, April 12, 2008

Training update

The 1/2 Marathon is quickly approaching. I only have four more weeks until race day! This morning I ran 8 miles and it was warmer than normal and I kind of got sick, but despite that I feel pretty good. The 8 miles today was the only really challenging distance so far. Also, I am happy to report that I have no injuries or major sore joints but my left ankle has been bothering me the last week or so. I will admit that when I first decided to run this race I was not very confident in my ability to do so. I really didn't think that the motivation to run 5 days a week or the endurance to run 13 miles. This has been an eye opener for me as to what I am capable of if I put my mind to it.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

You are doing a great job!

Julia Kelly said...

awesome job! i ran 7 yesterday and i have blisters on every toe on my foot! not very comfortable....

Alexis said...

You will be fine doing your mini now... 8 miles was the furthest I EVER ran before I ran my mini... I wouldnt do that again, but I did it. Keep it up, I'm in your fan club!

The Mortimer's said...

Tiffani you are awesome! I knew you could do it. Keep up the great work!