Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tasty Tuesdays

The following recipe is pretty healthy and consequently fairly bland but we liked it, I just need to add a little something to give it more flavor next time.
Shrimply Divine Pasta

6 oz. noodles
12 oz. shrimp
1 1/2 tsp. garlic
1 Tbsp olive oil
1C. chicken broth
1 Tbsp corn starch (I didn't have any so I substituted flour instead)
1 tsp. basil
Parmesan cheese and pepper

Cook Pasta
Saute garlic over hot oil for 15 sec.
Combine chicken broth, flour and basil. Cook until thick and bubbly
Add spinach and cook 1-2 min. more
Toss everything together and enjoy

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hey Tiffani!
I saw this last week and it totally saved me from ordering some pizza that night. It was really yummy - even Gabbie chowed down. I did have cornstarch and I think that helped with the flavor. I noticed you used flour and that might have made it so bland. I also added some chopped red pepper which helped with some yummy flavor.
Just thought I would let you know to hold onto it, maybe, and get some cornstarch and try it again. Also, thank you for this recipe. Bob was happy to have a meal ready instead of me running to Papa Murphy's real quick. =)