Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

Last week I was out of town and the week before that I was just plain busy so this week's edition is better late than never. This is one recipe that always comes to mind when I am thinking of having people over because it is easy to prepare and feeds many mouths.

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas (Red)

1 can Cream of Chicken
1 (8 oz.) container of sour cream
1 C. Salsa
2 tsp. chili powder
2 C cooked chicken
1 C. Monterey Jack Cheese
10 Flour Tortillas
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 green onion, sliced

Mix soup, sour cream, salsa and chili powder

Mix 1 C. salsa mixture with chicken and cheese

Spread about 1/4 C. chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in a baking dish. Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas. Cover.

Bake at 350* for 40 min. Top with tomato and onion.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

That looks good!

Liz said...

That looks so good. I still don't know if I can handle salsa (apparently onions gross the baby out), but I might have to give it a try anyway.

The Elmers said...

MMMMMM...I'm going to have to write that one down! That sounds sooo yummy!

April said...

I am getting hungry now!! I will definitely have to try those! Thanks!

Glad your b-day went so well!

Julia Kelly said...

I'll have to print this one out! love your recipes that you post.

Mike and Christy said...

My mom made these yesterday for dinner. I've got to say they were mighty good. We are going to have to add it to our cook book now. Thanks.